Winter holidays at the Top Ski Resort in Tyrol
Silvretta Arena - Enjoy top holidays
The Arena connects Ischgl with the Swiss ski area Samnaun (duty-free). 45 lifts and about 238 km top prepared pistes turn Ischgl into a skiing mekka for snow sport fans. The Silvretta Arena offers snow reliable slopes between 2,000 m and 2,872 m from the end of November until the beginning of May.
Out of 176 ski destinations, the Silvretta Arena Ischgl/Samnaun was rated among the top ten of the best ski resorts in the Alps. And the Salnerhof caught in the middle.
Future project - Silvretta Therme in Ischgl
Even if it takes a while until the winter season 2022/2023, holiday guests and locals alike can look forward to the Silvretta Therme in the middle of Ischgl. Indoor and outdoor pools on several levels, a stylishly designed sauna area and a state-of-the-art fitness center are just three of the many highlights awaiting you.
- 900 square meters of water surface
- 1,300 square meters of sauna area
- 400 square meters fitness center
- Event space for up to 600 people
- A bowling alley and a skating rink
Already in the summer of 2019, construction will begin.
New in winter 18/19: cable railway "Gampen E4"
In 1988, the detachable quad chairlift Gampen was the largest construction project of the Silvrettaseilbahn AG. After now 30 winters and about 13 million trips, the Gampenbahn is renewed and modernized.
Ischgl writes Weltrecord: With a difference in altitude of 924 m, the 6-CLD / B Gampenbahn overcomes the biggest difference in the height of a 6-seater chairlift worldwide. To cope with this, a 58 mm diameter rope with a weight of 65 tonnes is required.
Facts & figures about the new 6-seater chairlift "Gampen E4":
- ergonomically shaped single seats with heating and weather protection hoods
- Safety-optimized design and safety latch
- Difference in altitude: 924 m (world record for a 6-seater chairlift)
- Delivery rate: 2,800 people per hour
- Driving time: approx. 7.87 min
- Investment volume approx. € 16.5 million incl. Self-service restaurant at the valley station
New cable railway "Palinkopf D1"
In 1985 and 1996/97 the former "Palinkopf" tow lift, built in 1973, was converted into a chairlift in the Ischgl / Samnaun ski area. After 20 years of operation and around 12 million journeys, the 4-seater "Palinkopf" chairlift will be completely renovated with the latest technology for the 2017/18 winter season.
The new high-tech chairlift "Palinkopf D1" brings the highest level of ride comfort with it:
- ergonomically shaped individual seats
- wide seats with heating
- safety-optimized design
- optimized safety latch
- Delivery rate: 2,800 people per hour
- Travel time: approx. 5.75 min
- Weather protection hoods
- Investment volume approx. € 12 million
New reservoir Viderböden
The operation of the reservoir Idalp, with a volume of 32,000 m³ of water, was not approved by the authority at the end of the winter season 2016/17. From the winter of 2017/18, the new Viderböden storage pond with a usable capacity of around 52,000 m³ will serve as the headquarters of the snowmaking system in the Ischgl ski area.
- 52,000 m³ net capacity
- Height dam crest: 2,325 m
- Pre-pump and main pump station, each with 400 l / s water output
- Investment volume: approx. € 4.5 million
The Ischgl Snowpark consists of
- Parkarea 1: "All Fun"
- Parkarea 2: "Improve your skills" and
- Funline: "Get stoked"
presents itself for the winter season 2017/18 in a completely new guise. Rails, boxes and obstacles as well as the Funline were completely renewed.
The innovatively implemented set-up concept offers absolute powder fun for all advanced levels.
Modernization restaurant "Alp Trida"
The restaurant Alp Trida undergoes a comprehensive modernization. Especially the self-service restaurant will get a new face. The previous facility was already getting a long way in the years, was no longer up to date and also reached the limits of capacity. It is now completely gutted and brought to the state of the art in catering technology and logistics.